10.0.0.1 is a private IP address assigned to a router, modem or other devices in a private network. If we compare it with public address then, a public address should be unique in the entire web, whereas private address should be unique in a private network.
This address is known as host address and is used by many router manufacturers around the world. Generally, this IP address is used to configure your router’s settings in the admin panel.
What can we do with 10.0.0.1
- First of all, you need to open an internet browser and enter 10.0.0.1 in your address bar, make sure that you are connected to the router.
- You will find a login page where you need to enter your username and password. Which is usually admin/administrator by default for both username and password. If you still cannot log in then you can refer to the installation guide came with your router.
- Go to settings > SSID (WiFi Name) to change your WiFi network’s name.
- Change your default password to and use the combination of alphabets, numbers and special characters to make it strong.
- You can further change settings like DNS, IPv4, IPv6 addresses, Bandwith limitations, blacklisting connected users and more.
I cannot access 10.0.0.1
There are possibly 3 reasons why you are not able to access 10.0.0.1, they are:
- You are not connected to the router, make sure that you are connected properly.
- Many people get confused between 0 and O. So, make sure that you use 0 (digit) instead of O (alphabet) while entering 10.0.0.1
- Your router has different host address like 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.254. You can refer to the user manual came with your router to get the exact host address.
Please Note: All JioFi Router users has to Login on Jiofi.local.html.
This was a basic guide for 10.0.0.1, if you have another router with different host name then you may refer to other articles posted on our website.
If you have any unanswered questions or want to share your thoughts then feel free to drop them in the comments.