192.168.l.l is the default address for most of the wireless routers or ADSL modems. All of the websites, computers, router have an address which helps to identify them on the internet or on a particular network. There are many IP addresses which a router can take like 10.0.0.1 or 192.168.0.1 but 192.168.l.l is the most commonly used addresses among routers. These are known as host address.
So how does it make sure that your router or computer IP address is unique and not being used anywhere on the internet? Actually, 192.168.0.0 to 192.168.255.255 are private and reserved IP addresses and are limited locally. These addresses cannot be used on the internet or what so ever.
Every router needs to be setup before you start using it, right? This address is used when you want to open the admin (settings) panel of your router to alter its configuration. Let’s go further and know about it briefly.
Usage of 192.168.l.l
As we said earlier, this host address is used to access the router admin panel. Once you type this address in your browser while you’re connected to the router, you can modify several settings such as – WiFi Name, Security Key, Bandwith Limitations, User restrictions, iPv4 addresses, DNS, Proxy and more.
How to Login into Admin Panel using 192.168.l.l
- Open any browser on your mobile or laptop while you are connected to the router.
- Just enter https://192.168.l.l on the navigation bar.
- It will show up your router admin’s panel login screen, enter your username (which is usually admin) and password.
However, if you don’t remember your password then follow the next steps.
Forgot Router’s username or password, What to do?
- The default username for most of the router is admin, you can refer to the box of your router or instruction manual to obtain the username and password.
- If you forgot your password you will need to reset your router to factory settings. There is a button on every router to reset itself to the factory settings, you need to press and hold it for 10 seconds. (Some routers don’t have the special reset button, in this case, you can try pressing the WPS button for 10 seconds to reset the router).
- If you didn’t change your password then you can refer to the instructions manual for the default password of your router.
We hope that this short but precise informative post help you to gain the basics of 192.168.l.l host address. If you have any questions or want to share your thoughts then feel free to use the comment box below.